Software performance testing helps prevent performance problems by detecting bottlenecks before a system deployment or upgrade. Performance testing software helps you test a broad range of applications, including Web 2.0, ERP/CRM, and legacy applications to helps identify and reduce performance bottlenecks and obtain an accurate picture of end-to-end system performance before going live, so you can verify that applications meet specified application performance testing requirements and avoid issues in production.
The key benefits and functionality of many performance testing tools and application performance testing can be summarized as:
- Scripting engine scripts for testing production load against applications
- TruClient technology to simplify and accelerate web 2.0 application scripting
- Measurable and repeatable load generation with system and end-user monitoring
- Powerful analysis to isolate performance bottlenecks
- Integrated Diagnostics to pinpoint root cause of application-level issues
`Software performance testing is a critical part of the software development methodolgies.